The Buddhist Religious Encyclopedia, Volume 23, Book #29 kept at the Wat Phra Sing monastery in the ChiangMai Province, Thailand: The following is the transcript of a conversation that the Buddha had with a Brahman Priest
“The old Brahman priest asked further, ‘So what should we all do?’ The Buddha answered, ‘Keep on making merit and look for another Holy One who will come and help the world and all of you in the future.’
Then the old Brahman priest asked, ‘What will the characteristics of the Holy One be like?’ The Buddha answered him, ‘The Holy One who will keep the world in the future will be like this:
- In the palm of his hands and in the flat of his feet will be the design of a disk,
- In his side will be a stab wound,
- And his forehead will have many scars.
This Holy One will be the golden boat who will carry you over the cycle of rebirths all the way to the highest heaven (Nirvana).
Do not look for salvation in the old way; there is no salvation in it for sure. Quit the old way. And there will be a new spirit like the light of a lightening bug, which will come down from the sky above to live in all of your hearts and you will be victorious over all your enemies. Nobody will be able to destroy you. If you die, you will not come back to be born in this world again. You will go to the highest heaven (Nirvana)”
This is the original TRUTH – When we study the scriptures we see clearly that the Holy One is fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
Now the lies: Presently we learn that we have to keep making merits according the many precepts to eventually after many rebirths on the Samsara we might possibly attain Nirvana.
New Testament writings from around 30 to 90 A.D.
Jesus said “I am the way, the Truth and the Life.” (John 14:6) was called “a friend of publicans and sinners” (Matthew 11:19) He did not just tolerate them, He was their friend. He enjoyed being with sinners as they were honest about themselves and knew they needed His help for a miraculous change in their life. God doesn’t demand our “religious goodness”, but desires our honesty and love. Jesus was non-conventional, politically incorrect and was truth, through and through.
He hated religious hypocrisy, which he exposed time and time again and got Him crucified.Jesus came to lift us high above the quagmires of religion to bring us back to the Father, to our Creator, to God, to Love itself.
GOD is NOT RELIGIOUS. He is not Hindu, He is not Jewish, He is not Buddhist, He is not Christian, He is not Muslim, nor an Atheist. He is the Creator of us all. He is Energy in its purest form: LOVE.
Jesus said that he would come back “immediately after the tribulation” of those days (Matthew 24:29-31). He also taught us about the “deceitfulness of riches, choking out the word and we become unfruitful”. (Matthew 13:22) Jesus’ last prayer was “that they all may be one, Father, as we are one, You in me and I in them” (John 17)
This is the original TRUTH – When we study the scriptures we see clearly that Jesus Christ is, who He says He is.
Paul says “There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.”
Now the LIES: The preachers have swindled 85% to 95% of the Christians into believing that Jesus will come back before the tribulation.”Jesus loves us, and will save us from the great Tribulation.” This will be the cause of the great falling away. Next lie: “Send us your money and Jesus will bless you abundantly with riches, because His blessings equal riches.” “That they all may be one” – The World Christian Encyclopedia of 2001 counted 33,830 denominations.
The original Hindu writings, approximately 1600 to 1300 BC, are the four Vedas: the Rg Veda, the Yajur Veda, Sama Veda and the Athava Veda.
- The theme in the Vedas and the Upanishads is the nature and purpose of one supreme sacrifice of the Purush Prajapati. (Purush meaning man, Prajapati meaning Supreme Creator) This name is translated from Sanskrit as “the Lord of all creation who became man” (Sathpathbrahmana 10.2.2.1_2; Rg Ved Pu
- That the soul will go “into the mouth of death”. Man, whose hands are soiled with sin, cannot cleanse himself from sin even though his intentions may be good. (Kathopanishad 3:10 -15)
- After giving Himself as the supreme sacrifice, He resurrects (Brihad Aranyak Upanishad 18.104.22.168_5; Kathopanishad 3:15).
- This Purush Prajapati is the one and only way to eternal life. “Nanyah pantha vidyate-ayanaya” (Yajur Ved 31:18).
- He took on a perfect human body (Nishkalanka Purusha ) and offered it up as self-sacrifice (Brihad Aranyak Upanishad 1.2.8).
- He is the only sinless human being, and only in knowing Him does one obtain immortality (Chandogya Upanishad 1.6:6,7).
- Acknowledging the sacrifice of the perfect Purush Prajapati imparts eternal life and we escape the mouth of Death. (Kathopanishad 1, 3.8, 11). The Svetasvataropanishad 3:8 states: ” I know the (one) supreme Purush … Only in knowing Him does one pass over death. There is no other path leading to eternal life”. Yajurved 31:18 concludes the same in the Purushasukta: “… No other way is known for eternal life. (Nanyah pantha vidyate_ayanaya”).
The Veda scriptures also give nine specifics on how this sacrifice is done: 1.The sacrifice should be blameless. 2.A creeping plant from the forest should be weaved and put on his head. 3.It should be tied tight to the sacrificial pillar. 4.Its four legs should be nailed and blood should be shed. 5.The cloth that covers the animal should be shared by four priests. 6.Its bones should not be broken. 7.It should be given some wine. 8.After the sacrifice it should return back to life. 9.Its meat should be eaten. All these nine points of the sacrifice were fulfilled by the Lord Jesus.
This is the original TRUTH – When we study the scriptures we see clearly that the Purush Prajapati is the heart of the Vedas and Hindu religion and the scriptures are all fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
Now the LIES: Watch out for Jesus Christ he is a foreign god. We are taught by our gurus and pundits that there is no such thing as sin, only positive and negative karma,
that there is no eternal heaven or hell; that there is only reincarnation based on karma; that all religions worship the same god; that all religions lead to the same god and destiny; there is no exclusive way to salvation but that good deeds earn us salvation.
The Rg Veda states,
- Among these men there are no superiors or no inferiors, no middle ones either. .. By birth they are all highborn because they are all children of Mother-Earth. “Te ajyesthaa akanisthaasa udbhido amadhyamaaso mahasaa vi vavridhuh | sujaataaso janushaa prishnimat
- These men are without superiors and without inferiors. They are mutually brothers. They march onwards for prosperity. “Ajyesthaaso akanislliaasa ete sam bhraataro vaavridhuh saubhagaaya|yuva pita swapaa rudra eshaam sudhughaa prishnih sudinaa marudbhayah||“ – Rg Veda: 5-60-5
This is the original TRUTH –
Now the lies: The caste system teaches us that we are only equal within our caste and you are higher than the lower castes.
“Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him / PBUH) received the Quran in the beginning of the 7th century. Around 610-632 A.D
- “And do not kill yourselves.” (Quran 4:29)
- “And do not throw yourselves in destruction.” (Quran 2:195)
- “But if the enemies incline towards peace, do you also incline towards peace. And trust in God! For He is the one who hears and knows all things.” (Quran 8:61)
- “Fight in the way of God against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! God loves not aggressors.” (Quran-The Cow, 2:190)
- “Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabeaans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness – their wage waits them with their Lord, . . . .“and you will find the nearest in love to the believers [Muslims] those who say: “We are Christians.‟ (Quran 5:69 & 82)
- “If anyone slays a person, unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land, it would be as if he slew all people. And if anyone saves a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all people.” (Quran 5:32)
This is the original truth, that we learn when we study the scriptures in the Quran.
Now the lies: We have all seen the horrendous crimes; suicide bombers, shootings, beheadings and crucifixions, all in the name of Islam.
Who is Jesus in Islam? Although Muhammad (PBUH) is cited 4 times, Isa, or Jesus, is mentioned 25 times in the Quran. Isa is referred to as ‘Ruh Allah’ (Quran 4:141) – meaning the Soul or the Spirit of God. Isa is also called ‘Kalimatullah’ (Surah Ali ‘Imran 3:45) – meaning the Word of God. He was born of the virgin Miriam / Mary (Quran 19:19-21), who is the only woman mentioned by name in the Quran. For more on Islam read pages 6 – 75 of this link.
So for our Muslim brothers and sisters, Jesus represents the Spirit and Word of God, who came into the world through a supernatural birth.It is not important whether we see Isa, as the Son of God, the Soul of God, or the Word of God. Is our word not us? If we give our word, we should keep it or we are cheats. Our soul is also us, just like your soul is you, so Isa, the ‘Ruh Allah’ and ‘Kalimatullah’, the Soul of God and the Word of God, is God.
First writings: the 5 books of Moses from approximately 1500 B.C. till the last writings of the book Malachi around 400 B.C.
- Concerning His mother “A virgin shall conceive and bear a son” (Isaiah 7:14)
- His place of birth “Bethlehem . . out of you shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;” (Micah 5:)
- Concerning his message “preach good tidings unto the meek; . . . bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives” (Isaiah 61:1)
- Concerning His execution “They have pierced my hands and my feet” (Psalms 22:16) This prophecy was given by king David, who lived around 1000B.C. Crucifixion was invented more than 600 years later by the Persians. It was ‘perfected’ by the Romans.
- Concerning His death and resurrection “God will not leave his soul in the grave, neither will he suffer his Holy One to see corruption and decay”. (Psalms 16:10) “in the third day he will raise us up”. (Hosea 6:2)
- Concerning the year of His death Even the exact year of his death was predicted. After the rebuilding of Jerusalem in 405 B.C., “sixty-two ‘sevens’ shall pass till the Mashiach is cut off, but not for Himself.” (Daniel 9:26) 62 x 7= 434 years after 405 B.C., which brings us to 29 A.D. The exact year that Jesus was cut off or crucified, as he was born in 4 B.C. For the details on the year, study the 70 weeks/sevens prophecy of Daniel.
This is the original TRUTH – When we study the scriptures we see clearly that the Messiah or Mashiach is fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
Now the lies: Jesus has been called every foul and hateful name that you can imagine – Yet the biggest lie for which many will fall away is that the “True Mashiach” will soon come.